Wednesday, June 23, 2010

friends

I'm not going to sugar coat this but I need to expand my social circle. I need more friends.

I have a small, real small, group of friends that I keep in touch with on a regular basis and well, that's it.
I moved away from my hometown about 10 years ago in hopes of starting over, making new friends, rebuilding... ya know-- the whole works and I'm back where I was before the move; feeling very lonely.

My best friend Amanda is going through some pretty serious life changing experiences right now and I'm doing my best to help, but I don't have a magic wand and my thoughts, ideas, and verbalization's are... 99% of the time what she probably does NOT want to hear. So I have to step back and let it be I guess.

Another friend of mine, Ed, has found himself a gal and well, the rest is history.

So about expanding that social circle of mine? This isn't going to be easy.

4 comments:

Brian said...

The best way to meet new people is go out and do some social activities. That is what I have done in the past and it works! Go out and try!

Theresa Milstein said...

It's hard when you move to a new place. When we're younger, we make friends in school. But as we get older, life is more complicated. I find I have more situational friends, but not as close as when I was younger. I just can't devote the time to build them like I used to.

Good luck finding a new core group in your not-so-new place.

Anonymous said...

Good luck. I know exactly how you feel. Not an easy task at all. But you'll ace it! You're such an awesome person!! =) How can anyone not like you?!

Monique K. Makell said...

I totally understand what you're going through. I often wonder who my circle would include if it weren't for me working with the absolute BEST group of co-workers anyone could ask for. We are so much like a family it's crazy.

I totally agree with Brian...you need to get out and find some social activities to take part in. It's also fun to go somewhere and just "people watch" and spark up a conversation. Good Luck!