Tuesday, August 24, 2010

may you rest

You passed away 12 hours ago.

Somebody has bigger and better plans for you.

I've never been a believer of God. God doesn't take people you love away from you. He doesn't hurt you. He doesn't cause you grief or pain. He always has a bigger and better plan.

But today, today I believe.

Today he took you from us. He has a bigger and better plan for you.
Much bigger.
You were tired, hurting, and had lived an amazing life. It was time.
We all loved you to our greatest capacity. I believe we even loved you above and beyond that, and you most definitely loved us.

I know you may have spent the past 7+ years in nursing homes but I truly believe you had an amazing life. A life full of love and happiness and now it is time for you to have peace.

May you always have unlimited visits to Hawaii with Grampa who has been patiently waiting for you for 25 years, may you eat macadamia nuts till you're about to explode, here's to hoping you will always be by the ocean, the place you always took me to, and may there always be a crossword puzzle ready to complete.

Love you always,
Jenn

3 comments:

Theresa Milstein said...

I'm so sorry your grandmother died. I hope she's at peace, and I hope you find peace too.

Maki said...

Aw I'm so sorry for your loss, Jenn... Your grandma is probablly smiling by the beach in Hawaii, watching sunset with your grandpa....

Anonymous said...

Good luck sweetie. It's horrible hearing about your loss. Sorry. It's never easy and words are quite meaningless really. Take care and have faith.