Wednesday, August 11, 2010

making progress

I'm so sorry I haven't been keeping up with ya'll blogs (this Mainer just said ya'll-- we never say ya'll; funny) anyways... but I will soon. Promise.

Since the whole fiasco with Mr. I'm going to Date You but Put up A Personal Ad has happened I've buckled down and become very serious with working out and running. Taking care of me.

and YES!

Running.

I started the couch to 5k program and absolutely love it! I'm even enjoying my gym workouts. I have no idea who I have become but I think I can deal with it.

So today's interval was a 5 minute walking warm up then 20 minutes of running finishing with 5 minutes of walking.
I am so excited that I was able to run at least 20 minutes, I signed up for a 5k race!

Do you remember last year I talked about the Dempsey Challenge?
Well, I decided this year, I'm going to have my first 5k race not only be about my progress but be for someone else; those who need it! It's really not about me, it's about them.

So this is what I'm asking you, my readers. Please consider donating to the Dempsey Challenge.
We've all been affected by cancer. It may not have been us personally but it has been someone close to us; a mother, father, brother, sister, grand parent, even a neighbor.

I have to raise $150 in donations, please spread the word and make my first 5k race one that will be memorable not only to me, but also to you and to those your donations will help in the future.

Thank you.



Click Here to Donate

No comments: