Monday, November 29, 2010

feels good... feels fine

So here's the deal... and I almost hate to blog about it because I feel like if I do, I'm going to totally jinx myself but I need to write. My world is a mess. I'm a hot mess. Hello Train Wreck!!

I've been seeing this guy for almost 5 months. That is quite a while in my world. Why, it has yet to be determined. I'm used to super sonic speed in my dating world and things always crash and burn when that happens. They not only crash and burn... but they crash fast and burn hard.

This one is different. Slow different. I don't even know what to say, but after spending the weekend with him, having some conversations, not only with him but the shrink-- I feel at peace.
I feel like I'm going to be alright with continuing on with seeing this guy, even if things are super slow and completely out of my comfort zone... and even if my friends don't like him. I think I'm going to be ok.

I went to work today not feeling mad, angry or even sad... I just went to work. After work I went to the gym... ran 2 miles and did a short workout.
I went home and didn't drink... didn't feel like I had to. I ate salad and made one for tomorrow's lunch.

Changes... they're going to happen. It feels good... it feels fine.

3 comments:

____j said...

Good luck with your journey. I know times can get hard, but just pick yourself back up and dust yourself off. You have to do what you think is best for yourself at any given time. I hope everything progressively gets better.

Unknown said...

Much progress in just one little post.

You start with a train wreck and end with feeling good.

*high-five*

Anonymous said...

For the record....I do like him!

I want NOTHING more than you to be happy and satisfied!

Glad you are feeling better about things. I think you will find that this pace is a good pace.


Love ya