Wednesday, October 29, 2008

what's in a name?

Sooo... I thought I would give a little bit o' background info about this whole" Trackin' It" and "near the tracks" name stuff before I hopefully suck you into my life and create yet another blog addiction for you. (I mean isn't that the whole purpose of these things?)

I've wanted to start this whole bloggitty blog thing for a while now but I just couldn't come up with a damn catchy enough "url" that fit me and the life that surrounds me. My friend Nora (she's going to be mentioned a lot! Keep your eyes open for her!!) kept telling me "you're putting way too much thought into it, just put your brain away and do it!"

Not possible... no way in heck could I do this. I over analyze eeeeeeeverything! It's seriously retarded sometimes, other times I could give a rat's ass as to why anything happens.

Ok Ok... back to my story. I was having a text convo with Jex (ex boyfriend who's name starts with J-- clever I know) who is one of those off again, on again because well, the sex rocks! And many other reasons of course.
So to get from my house to his and vise versa you have to go "down the hill and up the hill" so this became a cute corny little saying of ours. He even had it engraved on the back of the ipod he gave me at Christmas.

*insert Awww* *sappy moment*

Now he's moving... bought a house and all the happy jazz that goes with it. The text convo started with something like....

me: OMG I just realized no more D T H U T H (down the hill up the hill)
Jex: well for a few more days there will be
me: that makes me kinda sad

He then proceeded to reminded me that he is moving just down the tracks.
I live near a set of railroad tracks that have been inactive for yeeeeears and yeeeeears. Well... if you follow these tracks for a small distance it will lead you to the street Jex will now be calling home.

So during the text convo I had a "TaDa!!" moment and said outloud to myself... "near the tracks!"

I even sent Nora a text because I was so proud of my TaDa!! moment.

As for trackin' it... Boy Child and I have taken numerous walks along these tracks. Suuuper duper memories on these walks and of course, always armed with the camera.The picture at the top of the bloggitty blog is actually of him walking the tracks in September. It was absolutely gorgeous!!

We walk... we talk... we listen and he tells me some of the most amazing stories.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Frankly I am a little surprised with myself that I have just now found you....You were cryptic the other day and I know why....

I love my nickname.....I think I will keep it.....LOL

Oh, and you were waaaaaay overthinking it......but you made it....I am proud

Stay tuned for more comments

A