Thursday, April 30, 2009

where is my mind

School. I hate it. I don't know why I did it to begin with.
Oh yea, it was something along the lines of, "look Dad, I can do it, even if it is 10 years later!"

Jerks.

I've been doing this school thing since 2004. In bipolar years, that's an eternity!
Taking about 2 classes a semester with summers off, I've managed to really drag this thing out. Class times were not convenient, courses were not what I was interested in and I was not going to send Boy Child off to a sitter. The whole sitter thing was never an option, still isn't. Period.

This semester has been pure hell! I don't even know if hell is a good word to describe this.
I'm behind, I've slacked off and if I could get away with doing little to no work; well, I was the girl!

But... now I'm fucked. There is about 6 days left of this semester and here is what needs to be done:
Ethics: *watch 2 months worth of classes (2 1/2 hour classes-- about 6-8 classes)
*read and post educated discussions on the board to receive a decent grade
*final-- Tuesday at 10am (I've only been to 2 classes this semester, 1st class and the midterm)

History: *read Flanders (start to finish) write a report
*write my own final based on instructor's requirements (I almost puked when I read this)

So needless to say, I'm not doing so well. I'm stressed, I'm sick and my skin is purple! Thank you Mr. Golden Sun!

On a better note, the Professor of the 3rd course I was taking is giving me an extension and letting me complete the course over the summer.

Once this semester is over I am one class away from graduating. Ya know, I can get that piece of paper that says, congratulations-- you slaved away and now owe thousands and thousands of dollars! Get a job!!

The final course I need to graduate is not at a convenient time, go figure, but the Professor is willing to work with me so I can complete the class online, as long as I follow a few extra "rules".

The light at the end of the tunnel is getting brighter and brighter! Finally!

Time to snag that (associate) degree up, go back (again) with a bigger and better plan, walk away with a bachelor's degree and then its look the frig out!

Wash. Rinse. Repeat.




3 comments:

jenn said...

good luck!!! :) you're almost done.

Badass Geek said...

At least you're sticking to it. I gave up on college.

Anonymous said...

I know you can do it.

You are stronger than you realize!

Love you