Sunday, May 16, 2010

throwing my hands up

"give up for good and he will show up"

That's the advice I was given today from a friend who has been in a crazy ass unstable relationship* for the past 12ish years.

Is that really true? If I just "give up" this person, whom I'm meant to be with, will just show up? Unexpectedly of course.

I'm not so sure I believe it. I've thrown my hands up. I've walked away. I've cried. I've even screamed and stomped my feet. Nothing.

I'm just not so sure anymore.

*but I still stand by her

4 comments:

Maki said...

Oh sweetie.... Are you okay?

I know when you love someone, sometimes when you let him/her go, if the love is true, he/she'll come back to you.

Sometimes, the greatest strength is to let go - but it's not easy, I know....

Hanging there - love you!

Maryx said...

It's true!!! Really, it is! If you give up and you live your life and enjoy it and get to really love yourself and enjoy yourself without a man in your life - that's when people really notice you. It happened to me. More than once. Get out of your comfort zone and go find yourself! Make the most of it and enjoy YOU and YOUR life. (I know it may seem hopeless sometimes, but those are the times you have to stay positive. And remember that you're not doing for anyone but yourself. And your son, obviously!)

Anonymous said...

Plus I agree with Maryx!

Anonymous said...

I should say that I meant someone who deserves you...not HIM!

And yes it's been very crazy ass and unstable...but I like to think I have grown wiser! Have I? Ehh, I am not sure I will ever know!

But one thing remains....is your true devotion to listening to me bitch when I need to and knowing that I will be there to listen to you when you need it!

I really do think that if you just put it out of your mind for a bit....don't stomp or cry....don't fret and don't get upset....he will come along, in a package that you did not expect and one that will most likely compliment your love, talent, heart, and tenacity!

You my love are going to find your man! He's out there...closer than you think!

Smooches!