Monday, June 29, 2009

crossroads

I had one of the most physically and emotionally draining weekends I have ever experienced in a really long time. It should go down in one of my record books, if I kept those, but I want to wipe this away from my memory.
Forever.

Instead here I stand.

Facing all these roads, not knowing which one to choose because they all look the same.
I feel so alone.

I had a conversation (email) with my cousin this morning and I think she just may have possibly put up at least one road block for me.

You must constantly ask yourself these questions:
Who am I around?
What are they doing to me?
What have they got me reading?
What have they got me saying?
Where do they have me going?
What do they have me thinking?
And most important, what do they have me becoming?
Then ask yourself the big question: Is that okay?

Your life does not get better by chance, it gets better by change.


Seeing, reading and actually processing all those questions may have just changed my life in ways I never imagined.


3 comments:

Anonymous said...

I have no words.

I have a sad feeling in my heart that our relationship just changed and there is nothing I can do about it.

I love you so much and I don't want to be poison in your life.

I'm so sorry!!!!

jenn said...

oh my...it doesn't sound like a very good weekend. :( let me know if there's anything i can do to help!

that being said...i learned a long time ago that you CHOOSE who to surround yourself with. cling onto those who bring a light into your life, and run far away from those who don't. you are a good person with a good soul and eventually...the right people will be drawn to you.

Maryx said...

I feel like I'm at the same crossroads. Asking the same questions. So confused and broken I just want to curl up and die. I know I'll get through this. I always do. I just hate going through it. Feeling this way. I can relate. Good luck. Will be thinking of you.

>M<