Sunday, August 2, 2009

3... no make it a 4 bean salad

I'm sure you've all seen and/or heard about the classic 3 bean salad; kidney beans, garbanzo beans (chic peas), and green beans.
Last night I decided to experiment and mix things up according to my liking along with my need for more iron and protein in my diet.
Let me say this: Yummilicious! Hot Damn!

So... I thought I'd share with you. Especially if you love and appreciate the mixture of these beans and ingredients like I do.

3...no make it a 4 bean salad!

1 can (16oz) garbanzo beans (chic peas)
1 can (15.5oz) dark red kidney beans
1 can (15.5oz) black beans
1 can (15.5oz) cannellini or great northern beans (I used great northern)
(drain and carefully rinse beans)


1 cup (total) red, yellow, orange and green peppers diced up small (I used more- I love peppers)


Dressing:
1/3 cup extra virgin olive oil
1/3 cup vinegar
1/3 cup sugar (I used a little more, wasn't an exact 1/3 cup measurement)
1/4 tsp minced garlic (or more!)
1/4 tsp black pepper

Combine beans with the diced peppers in a large bowl.

(so pretty in my cobalt blue bowl!)

In a separate bowl whisk olive oil, vinegar, sugar, garlic and black pepper well.

Pour the dressing into the bean and pepper mixture and carefully combine.
Cover and refrigerate.


I let mine set over night. I'm sure a few hours would do just fine because when I taste tested this right after it was delicious! Give the sugar time to work its magic with the vinegar though!



Bon Appetit!!

2 comments:

jenn said...

yummm - that looks so good. everyone seems to be posting food on their blogs lately. makes me hungry! :)

Maryx said...

Yummy Yummy! I'm not a big fan of beans but wow you just made me wanna make this salad and dig in! It looks so colourful and scrumtious... yeah i don't know what I'd do without my eyes regarding food... something just looks good and i fall for it! Thanx for sharing!