Wednesday, August 26, 2009

14.4

Yesterday was the anticipated blood donation day that I had been preparing myself for after the last attempt.
Preparing myself as in eating beans, spinach, oatmeal, peanut butter, drinking juice and taking an iron supplement. I can and will say this much right now; I'm ready to give my digestive system a rest!

Make a long story short, the necessary hemoglobin levels for females are 12.1- 15.1 and I tested at 14.4!!

HUGE improvement!

12 minutes and 9 seconds later I was down a pint of blood, feeling a little woozy but so happy!
Average donation time? 7- 10 minutes. Again, goes to show I am everything but average!

I'll still continue to keep up with my iron enriched foods and supplements along with drinking juice to help with absorption because I plan on going back in 56 days.

3 comments:

Maryx said...

You're such a brave girl!!!!

~ Here is where I put on a brave face and tell you I'll follow your example...~

But we'll have to see about that.

Jenn said...

It would be excellent if you donated also!! It really isn't as bad as you think :-)

If I could go with you and hold your hand I would be right there.

Maryx said...

I think I'll need that!
I'm SO scared of needles and blood etc. You go girl!