Monday, August 24, 2009

crazy-hectic

So much has happened since the last time I blogged I don’t even know where to start. So I’ll try to recap the best I can.

My best friend, Amanda, of 9 years is moving. To Massachusetts. That is an easy 5 hour drive from here. Yea, I’m sure this topic will be a future blog post. This is sudden, she didn’t give much warning.

Remember those concert tickets I received for Christmas? Well FINALLY! The time came to see Sugarland and Matt Nathanson perform. What a show! Amazing!!
Amanda and I took a weekend road trip to New Hampshire for the concert. The experience and memories will be with us forever.

On our way back home we stopped to meet fellow bloggers, Badass Geek and his wife The Boss. It was really nice to meet up with them for part of the afternoon. It’s refreshing to meet people whom you don’t have to explain what a “blog” is or why you do it. We had things to talk about since we already had some background information about each other; I mean we tell the world already about our lives. I hope to meet up with them again in the future, they’re a great couple.

My Dad figured out how to text message. To watch him show me his new phone, which takes pictures, was absolutely adorable, then to receive a text message from him several hours later was even better. This is amazing progress for the man who says, “he’s getting old.” He’s 55 today. Happy birthday Dad!

The American Red Cross called me, I’m going to try to donate blood tomorrow and hope that this doesn’t happen again. I’ve been trying to eat foods with lots of iron and drinking juice with calcium at the same time to help with absorption. Blood supplies are always low during summer months.

I had to make a phone call to the financial aid office about my award package which means school is too damn close, as in next week. Not excited. At all.

Boy Child starts school next week. I haven’t started school shopping for him yet because he won’t stop growing. He’s crazy tall for his age and I’m not buying clothes for 2 different sized kids when I only have one child.

I cannot wait for him to go back to school! His mind is turning to mush! Boy Child and his neighbor friend are constantly bickering and my house is literally an army battle field; toys everywhere! During the school year both kids are so busy during the week they don’t see each other often and on weekends mine is off visiting his dad. Looking forward to having routine, structure and at least some of my sanity back!

I received some blogging awards that I need to desperately catch up on. If it wasn’t for the last minute I wouldn’t get anything done.

I just recently started cruising etsy. Love it! I’m trying to find my Mom a piece of jewelry, just because.

I witnessed a car accident in front of The Compound yesterday. Helping the accident victims and waiting for those sirens just brought on a whole different feeling within me. I’m glad everybody is ok, especially the children.

Things have been crazy hectic but I really wouldn’t want it any other way. I hope everyone else is doing great. So tell me, anything crazy and hectic going on in your world?

5 comments:

Go-go-gadget said...

I'm doomed to be working 70 hours of 2 jobs crammed into 40 hours a week until they find a replacement tech at work, which is liable to take to the 1st of the year if the past is any indication, AND now I descide to quit smoking. Help me stay sane and I'll help you do the same :P

Maryx said...

WOW!
You've been busy huh? Sorry to hear about your friend moving. I know how it feels. And they tend to take a piece of you with them.

SO glad you girls enjoyed the concert! And donating blood?? WOW! Your brave! I'm SO scared of needles (even though I have a tattoo and am probably getting another)... I've made up random excused not to donate blood even though I know how important it is! =/

So school's almost back? Good for them I guess! I miss school sometimes...

Glad to see you're back.. And as you can see I hand around everyone else's blogs so much I don't get time for my own... Urgh!

Badass Geek said...

It was fun to meet up with you and Amanda. I know she's moving away soon, but it'd be good to try to see you guys again soon.

jenn said...

wow you have been busy!!! it sounds like although things are busy - everything is going well. i'm very very glad to see that! :)

Anonymous said...

*sniff*

*tears*

Sad face Sad face.....kicking screaming....

It's not the friggin same....

I miss you so much it's hard to put in words

You are the one person that "gets" me....

Love my chic!!!!