Wednesday, August 12, 2009

sights and sounds

There's just something about them. They're bright. They're loud. They're bold.

Either way; they still bother me.


I don't hear dispatch over the scanner before I see and hear those sirens anymore.


You're not there to call me and tell me what's going on in our small town.


I don't know what type of call you're about to be faced with.


I worry. Still.


I hope you're ok. I just want you to be ok.

Oh! and I refuse to apologize for feeling this way. It's still there anytime I see and hear them.

It's just that powerful.

I'm only human.

4 comments:

Maryx said...

You just confused me again. Happens easily though.

Badass Geek said...

I think I get this... but still, this is moving.

jenn said...

you have every right to worry about someone. no matter what happens - it's only human, you're right. and all i can say is...try not to worry about the people from your past. there's a reason they didn't make it to your future.

Anonymous said...

Awwww.....

I don't ever have to apologize for caring about someone....

You might not have faith in how strong you are, but this post secures it for me....

You are a beautiful person inside and out....

Love you!!!!