Tuesday, December 16, 2008

have to vs want to

So it's hell week...aka finals week. This has really been one of the worst semesters. I have slacked off; I mean really slacked off. I dropped a course because, well because I became lazy and didn't really want to do the work. Purely pathetic actually. I could go on and on about what I should have done but didn't or what I still need to do but I'm not going to stress out anymore than I already have/am. If I don't get these credits... ohh well. GPA goes down a bit, ok a lot and I'm in school another semester. C'est la vie!
At least I didn't waste four years of my father's money back when I was 18 and drinking away my college education. This time... it's my money. *puke*

Oh and Boy Child's report card this trimester makes up for my crap ass work. We worked damn hard together and it showed! Go Boy Child!! Mommy is some freakin' proud of you!!


So now here is the thing...

I have a whole month off from school. I know... totally friggin' rocks my funky socks too! Although I have an assload of things to do during this month... like finish cleaning, maybe pack, ditch the Christmas tree, etc! My brain will not be in its highest functioning form. During the school semesters I only have time to read textbooks, if I'm lucky. I have no idea what reading for pleasure is, unless you count Cosmo, Glamour, or something along those lines.

Hey... a girl has to educated herself there too! (even if it is crap!)

So to keep myself from feeling like I'm going brain dead I'm looking for book(s) to read. I have always had the hardest time picking something out. I need something to grab my interest and hold it. I want a book that will never want to be put down once it is in my hot hands even if I want it to!

Last semester I was given a list that had 100 books you should read before you kick the bucket by this awesome Professor of mine; which she also added to. Now while I have put a decent dent to that list, a few just do not hold my interest.


So what are you reading? What holds your interest? What would you/do you recommend?
Help this chica from going brain dead over Christmas break!!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Definately the Twilight series....

Just because it's a fad, don't let that scare you (and yes I know you)....

The books flow perfectly from one to the other....they are "never put em down", "gotta know what happens next" action books....

Really good writing....

Hope you try them....