Tuesday, December 23, 2008

up in lights!

Yesterday was just insane!

Rush...rush...rush... and rush some more.

I needed to make chocolate chip cookies and no bake cookies. I tried making fudge but the damn weather has been just crap and fudge is funny... if the weather isn't just right... the fudge won't be either.
Jex spent the morning shoveling the snow off his roof because Mother Nature decided to dump over 13 INCHES!!! of snow on us between Sunday and Monday.

We needed to sneak (minus kids) to the grocery store to grab the proper ingredients and a few last minute gifts at another store. This time of year is just absolutely caaaaaraaaaaazzzzyyyyy!!!!

I finish the cookies and get them packaged. Jex starts and finishes his lasagna.
Check. Check.

Time to drag the kids to to the fire department's annual Christmas party.
Some current and retired members along with their families were in attendance. We all brought some yummilicious grub and ate like it was no ones business. Santa even made a guest appearance and spoiled the children with presents and candy canes.

After all that was said and done the Deputy Chief put on a "Year in Review" movie/slide show. Now there were many, I mean MANY pictures in this presentation but every single one of them was worth viewing. I love me some good pictures.

As the movie/slide show continues all of a sudden I had one of those "Oh my gawd!" moments.

A few weeks ago our town had a Christmas parade and the fire department was just an absolutely amazing part of it. The feeling around the firehouse was just mesmerizing; words cannot even begin to describe or explain it.

Well during this parade I was obviously snapping pictures because, well that's what I do. Jex uploaded the pictures to the fire department's picture server but I had no idea there would be anything above and beyond that.

Last night during the "Year in Review" was my "Oh my gawd!" moment.

All of a sudden some of my pictures... MY pictures started passing by. I was whispering in Boy Child's ears... "I took that one... and that one..." but in all reality I was a little shocked, maybe a little speechless and even a bit flattered.

Credits roll... and there it is.... Photographers: Jenn(ifer)
Holy Shit! My name up in lights! I turned around to look at Jex and he just winked at me. It was only a small moment, but it was a moment, my moment.

My pictures are nowhere near what I would love them to be. I would love love love to learn more! I have a simple camera... I want a big tricked out camera so I can capture those pictures that I have running through my mind. I want Photoshop so I can do those tricks and tweaks.

Someday dammit!

So enough mumble jumble... here are a few of those pics.










No comments: