Thursday, December 31, 2009

10 years

The past 10 years have been crazy insane. If I told you about them you would never believe it, not in a million years, but something came to me.
Something I guess I have blocked out of my mind.

10 years ago this week I met Boy Child's father, The Mailman. A man who is about 21 years my senior.

What was I thinking you're asking?
To this day I often ask myself that same question and I have yet to find the answer; even a therapist here and there hasn't been able to help me.

Four months later (April), I was packing up my VW and moving away from the family I loved and life I knew to be with this man.
Four months after THAT! (August) I found out I was pregnant with my incredibly awesome Boy Child.

I cannot even begin to tell you what a whirlwind of emotion and chaos the next few years, ok 10 years, would bring me but I will say this much, I am ready to start 2010 off with a bang and with some of the greatest friends a girl could ever ask for.

Thank you everyone for a great year, I'm looking forward to an even better 2010!

2 comments:

jenn said...

time flies. i can't believe it's already time for a new decade. when i look back 10 years, i was just a kid!! it's insane!

Maryx said...

It's actually pretty scary how time flies but I'm not complaining. I like it that way. But then you look back on the things you did, or wanted to do, or saw, or heard, or felt... Good and bad... Oh well! That's life huh?

(Love the blog design btw. Have I said that already?)