Sunday, April 18, 2010

I'm back

...and I did it!

I landed a long term substitute position. Wait, that calls for many exclamation points!!!
Although I do not have a classroom and I am not teaching I am in the school system doing things I love; working with crazy and wild children!

I am in hopes that I will be offered this position in the fall; pending displaced teachers do not want it (seeing they have first pick) or the future budget cuts don't affect this position either. Education is a scary place right now!

With my new job not only am I physically exhausted, I am completely drained emotionally.
But I am constantly entertained. Constantly.

I work with a teenage girl so I see lots of things... things like the teenage boys with their pants down half way around their butts. I'm always telling them, "pull up your pants!" or when they say rude, crude and obnoxious things, "watch your mouth!"
The teenagers these days are definitely not disciplined like we were growing up. If I ever acted like these kids do when I was growing up, chances are pretty good my father would have inflicted serious bodily harm upon me!

Oh and let's not forget, they're having sex at 13. SEXUAL INTERCOURSE!
Seriously!?
That scares me for what I'm about to see in 5 years when Boy Child turns 13. A lot can happen in 5 years. Yikes!

Well anyways... I'm glad to be back. I had to mark a lot read in my reader but I'm going to do my best to keep up and update better and more often. I have missed everyone!

4 comments:

Maki said...

Aw congrats girlfriend!!! The thing is many of substitue teachers for my daughters are kids favorite.. They are more relaxed I think.

I'm really happy for you - yay!!
xoxo

jenn said...

congrats - a great first step towards getting what you want! :)

Maryx said...

That's awesome CONGRATULATIONS!!! It can only get better from here on out, I think! =) Yes, you're SO right about the teenagers. And the strange things is, I was one not too long ago. But I was definitely not like THAT. =) Good luck. The world is getting scarier day by day.

Oh, WELCOME BACK!!!

Beth said...

Hey, hey, hey!

I'm pretty sure you just categorized the whole population of teenagers! Hardly wearing pants, saying crude things, and having sex!!! Helloooo?! Not all teenagers do that! And, yeah, those that do need to be thoroughly reprimanded! THOROUGHLY! But, in the future, I would appreciate if teenagers weren't frowned upon so much! Except for the stupid ones, that's fine. :P