Tuesday, March 23, 2010

a matter of name

When I first started subbing I introduced myself as Miss (insert last name). Then as my co-workers (I guess that's what they're called) started introducing me to the kids when I would take over a classroom or what not, I was being called Mrs. (insert last name).

I'm not a Mrs. but I'm getting to the age where I'm not really a Miss either. Maybe more so a Ms. (gross)
So rather than taking the time and effort, which is needed for something else, to correct these people I am simply known as Mrs. (last name)

No questions. No corrections.

I'm just flattered they think I'm married.

4 comments:

jenn said...

you know what's funny? even though i AM married, i can't bring myself to be called a "mrs." even on forms, I always write "Ms" and when I apply for anything, never ever write Mrs. it just seems to odd to me! i don't feel old enough to be called that & when someone calls me "Mrs." i almost feel like it's incorrect!

Maryx said...

I'd also give it up if I were you...

HAHA!!

It's like when people get confused between my mother and I. We're BOTH MISS Pretorius. There IS no MRS in the equation. HEEHEE

Theresa Milstein said...

I try to do Ms., but they don't always hear it.

Golden Stilettos said...

Not being married, I hate when people call me Miss or Ms..
My first name is just fine!

But when I'm married I'm sure I'll make everyone call me Mrs. S!
{Fingers Crossed!}