Sunday, March 14, 2010

intuition

We dated and life was great!

Then Keven started to slow down his text messages and phone calls.
Conversations were really 'surface' conversations. I'm a gal who enjoys depth! I want to know why the sky is blue and the grass is green. Yes or no answers aren't really good enough for me. I want to challenge you; I want to be challenged and that was no longer happening.

Yes, I know his night shift as a cop kept his day pretty occupied and all. A dude has to sleep but really? I knew he didn't sleep all day. He used to call me at night while on duty but that came to a halt.

Odd.

I mentioned this to him and he was blown away; he didn't see it.
My heart started aching. My gut didn't feel right, so I did what I felt was best and ended our relationship, then I wrote this post.

Now fast forward to present day. A particular gal that I see almost daily due to the fact that I sub now, casually mentions to me that we have a friend in common.
YAY! for facebook.
I mention to her that I know this and tell her that he and I dated.
her: so did we.

As the conversation continues and the dates become clear in my mind I am left with no choice but to call him Friday night because well, he cheated and I am now a raging lunatic!
We I are am talking casually and then I confront him, he hangs up on me.
Mr. Man has officially admitted his guilt by doing so.
Thank you!

I have so many thoughts and feelings running through me. I am incredibly thankful to have trusted my gut. Something wasn't right and deep down I knew it.
My heart was aching and it's scary to think that it was aching for somebody that was is so unhealthy for me. I hate to admit it, but it happened and that is a door that I closed and it needs to stay closed.

But Keven?
He cheated.

What else is there to say?

*If you're in my life, chances are I may write about you. Don't expect me to change your identity.*

4 comments:

____j said...

What a jerk! UGH! I hate that that happened to you. But, I am glad you went with your instinct. Also glad that you found out what was really going on. Could you imagine if he would have tried to get you back and you DIDN'T know he had cheated on you? Not a good scenario.

Theresa Milstein said...

That's lousy. Even though it hurt to break things off and then hurt more to find out that he cheated, you were right to trust your instinct. I'm glad you let him know that you found out. Besides the fact that he knows he's been caught, it gives you closure.

Maryx said...

WTF?! I want your intuition pls?? =D WOW girl I'm really sorry to hear that. I know you're strong enough and awesome enough to get over it, but I also know that it still hurts. Especially because you THOUGHT it would work out. He WAS alright in the beginning.

TAKE CARE and I'll be thinking of you!

Claudine said...

I hate cheaters! I have been cheated on once, and it's the worst thing a guy can do to you. You're better off without him, believe me!