Sunday, March 21, 2010

no tears for me

Here it is 9pm on a Sunday and I am exhausted!
I miss the days when I could stay up till 11pm and function the next day just fine.
Granted I wasn't working or doing anything productive but I was still functioning. Barely.

I just finished a take home midterm that was assigned over the weekend and was going to watch a movie that I rented from redbox, but due to the nature and contents of unsaid movie I have decided that I am going to just go.to.bed!

I do not need a sappy chic flick to make me more aware of what I do or do not have in my life. I do not need a movie to open the water gates that I have done an amazing job keeping under control lately.

So rather than sitting on the couch with tissues either in my hand or rubbed up against my eyes I am going to go catch some much needed beauty sleep.
Ya know... make a healthy decision? One that involves not only getting the proper amount of sleep to function the next day but to also keep my sanity in check.
Something that is long overdue.

The movie can always be rented when I'm having those blah days, but until then, this decision makes me feel good!

...and feeling good is half the battle!

3 comments:

jenn said...

feeling good is WAY more than half the battle. keep it up! :)

Maki said...

Oh boy, I know how exhausted you can get being a teacher!! Gosh, you're doing an awesome job - keep pushing yourself!!! You can do it!!!

xo

*Trisha* said...

Not getting enough good sleep is probably one of the top reasons Americans are so unhealthy (that and either smoking or eating themselves to death).

I'm glad you chose sleep, and I hope you felt better in the morning (^_^)

Naps can also be very helpful, even just for 30 minutes.

I bet being a teacher is super draining. Nurses may work 12 hour shifts but they don't take their work home with them... teachers take their work with them--grading assignments, planning the next weeks teachings!

I wish more people appreciated our teachers because they really do help shape the future of our country, as cliche as that sounds :)

I appreciate you 100% (even though I don't have kids yet)

*Trisha*