Monday, November 16, 2009

I wanna be sedated

This whole sickness crap has had a few advantages.

Let me tell you about one: me on drugs, specifically me being sedated.

Oh how I love the 'I don't care drug' they give you before sedation.
(See! I can't even remember the name of it!)
Yes, I know how bizarre this sounds but the whole out of body experience is like no other.

I had to have a procedure done last week and once I was all prepped and ready to go, I was given this drug... started to be wheeled into the operating room and what do you know! the first words out of my mouth....

"Oh... you're all guys!"

I had one female nurse, which apparently meant nothing to me, I was paying more attention to the men in the OR with me.

Then I hear... "Jennifer, we need you to get up on the table."

Me: Ohh! Absolutely!!

There's a reason why you can't get this stuff on the streets. I'd be walking around in a stupor. all.the.time!

4 comments:

jenn said...

haha that's the best! :)

before i got wisdom teeth out - i was so loopy that i just couldn't stop laughing. that stuff is amazing. :)

Anonymous said...

I about peed my pants.....

I can completely visualize this happening!!!!

LMAO

Maryx said...

There's a HUGE reason why they don't sell those drugs on the street... Yes. Because people like you and I will get completely addicted to the sh!t.

I'm impossible with sedatives and even muscle relaxers. I get completely dilly!

Good luck sweetie. Glad you're feeling better though. Take care of yourself hey!

Badass Geek said...

If you take enough Ativan, you feel like Christmas.