Saturday, November 7, 2009

100 thanks

A friend recently posted something on Facebook about everyday posting something you are thankful for. Due to recent events, this shined a little light on me.
Ya know… recent events like being able to only eat jello and drink water. Having a few too many hospital visits and tests to be told in so many words, “we don’t know”.

My internet loves, I’m craving junior bacon cheeseburgers from Wendy’s and potato wedges with gravy from KFC.

HUNGRY!

During all of these crazy moments I have had the support from (some of) the greatest friends. I would probably still be in the fetal position crying with no pain relief in site. I wouldn't have new food, well Italian ice and sherbet added to my diet to help satisfy my taste buds a little more. I wouldn’t have silent support from another state; silent support that is bugging out because she can’t be closer.

I’m going to do my best for the rest of my month to blog about what I’m thankful for, even the little things; like I’m thankful for jello even though I don’t like it, but its helping keep me hydrated.

I’m thankful that I’ve had 99 posts and some great readers that have helped keep me a little bit saner.

What are you thankful for?

3 comments:

jenn said...

i have seen a lot of people blogging about what they're thankful for lately, and i love it. it's so important to remember that even when life sucks - there are still SOME good things! :)

Anonymous said...

Not only am I thankful that you were able to write this post, but I am thankful that you are my best friend.

To me that means a lot!

To me you mean a lot!

I only hope you understand the silent soul crushing frustration that I am going through...I am so scared.

Congrats on your 100th, and PLEASE but the ever living shit out of the doctors....I need you better!

Maryx said...

Weird to ask... but why are you in hospital? I've clearly been away from bloggie world too long. Or have you... Urm.. yeah... something like that.

Really great idea you have there.