Friday, January 23, 2009

cleaning out my closet

Well the time has come. I'm packing up my tiny little house to move into another tiny little... apartment. Yep, an apartment.

I'm giving up all the comforts of house living to move to an apartment. For those that have made this transition, you know what I am talking about.
Privacy: it's time for you to take a hike!

Although I will say I am thankful we will not have a neighbor upstairs or downstairs because our apartment is set up like a mini condo; rather cute actually.

Today I decided to clean out and begin to pack up a closet. You would not believe what I found in there!


* 5 curling irons and 2 flat irons
Ok seriously! What the fuck was I thinking or not thinking? I will admit, I change my hair style often and need various size curls or the flat iron to get rid of the pesky wave I occasionally acquire when I want it straight but really!! SEVEN?? Maybe that explains why I opted for the loose curl perm back in November.

* 3 hair dryers
Yet again. Hello!?! THREE?? One wasn't even a properly functioning dryer. If I remember correctly it used to shoot blue sparks on occasion.

* 4 gently used bottles of Boy Child's shampoo
Just the other day I had to buy Boy Child shampoo because he was running out of the stuff he had in the shower. I'm obviously not paying attention!
* 4 cans of mousse
I don't even use mousse. It never works on my hair. Never has. Never will. I don't even get what the purpose of that stuff is. (let me add in there are 2 more cans of that shit in the bathroom)

* 6 cans of hairspray
I can't even explain this. Really.

* 4 bottles of not empty shampoos and conditioners
My only thought is... I get bored easy and felt I needed to try something different, the bottle looked better so I smelled it and well, it had me at "hello"

* 2 boxes of the same exact allergy medicine.
One expired. One not.

* Numerous amounts of expired medicines
Again, no explanation.

* 6 (at least) boxes of band aids
Boy Child asks for these all the time. A new design will come out because of a new movie (thanks a freakin' lot Disney/Pixar) and he just has to have it, so I cave. I am not buying any more of these friggin' things. I do not care if he is 17 and has to go to school sporting these beauties...



He should have thought about that when he was asking for them at the precious age of 7. (even though they are kinda cute and I've been known to wear 'em)

* 5 travel toothbrush holders
2 people live in this house. Count them: ONE. TWO. When the heck did I start traveling anyways?

* 6 hair brushes
I don't even use brushes. I use a wide tooth comb or pick. Sometimes I'll use a round one but I'm just not coordinated enough to blow dry, use said brush, look in the mirror and then when you add standing to that the equation... Wow! Huge accident waiting to happen. Oh, and brushes rip and tear hair anyways so they're just bad news in my book.

This is just the beginning; my other closets I know are in the same condition.

Hi my name is Jenn(ifer) and I have a serious freakin' problem! The above example is a classic example of bipolar. Although, Nora's sister says it's lack of planning and organization.

Either way... it is definitely time to purge and let go!


4 comments:

Anonymous said...

Wow....I have never laughed so hard in my life.....

10 hair items all for one head....

Problem is, if it wasn't you it would be me.....

You rock

Maki said...

OMG, this is hilarious!! I only have one dryer, one flat iron and one curling iron.. Would you like to send me some of yours???

Hello - I landed myself through Tia's blog.. Great blog!! I love your new BF - I've never seen it anywhere else and I am a gadget whore!!! I'll be back again!

Anonymous said...

Wow it sounds like me when I clean out my closets. Jeeezzzz... the stuff I put away is amazing! We probably think hey we'll need this soon or keep this for later/future and it just never happens. We forget about it.

Keep up the funny postings!

Jenn said...

Ohhh I'm so excited! New readers!

Thank you ladies for stopping by! I'll be sure to stop by your happy blog land and drop off a comment soon. :)