Friday, February 13, 2009

Last Year

*may contain graphic material*



This is what they really mean when they say... "hook me up"


In nursing school they don't teach you how to take a proper temperature anymore
...because who doesn't love a friggin' sticker on their forehead?


YES! This is the body part you're about to operate on,
and no you cannot take out my uterus.


This is how you define sexy.

...and I'm off to get the best drugs. Na Night!



A few days later...

Plastic wrap and tape= my best friend
Hey! A girl still has to shower
(oh lookie! you can see my tattoo!)



"X" marks the spot...


Looks like someone took a bat to my knee (felt like it too)
The swelling didn't go down for months



Up close and personal



I never claimed to have sexy legs


So that was my journey one year ago. Phew, I am so glad it is over!

My knee used to click and grind when I did any sort of movement. It was so bad people at a distance could hear it. Recovery for a "simple" surgery was supposed to be easy, mine was anything but.

"Physical therapy is not needed for this type of surgery" my doctor told me. I was in therapy twice a week for about 4 months.

My knee still isn't right and probably never will be. I'm too damn young to feel this damn old.

I was asked when I'm going to do the other knee because it does the same thing.


My answer... How about never?

4 comments:

Go-go-gadget said...

And who thought playing doctor could end in stitches?

Maki said...

oh man, that looks like a serious injury!!! i'm glad you're okay now...

by the way, i just gave you lil something for ya - come and get it!

Mar said...

hey there, just surfing over from 20-something bloggers. i'm going to have to read more about your knee!! i have psoriatic arthritis which in my body manifests as knee and ankle pain. i had surgery just like yours on my left knee in 2005 and my doctor said something similar and to this day it's definitely not perfect. we'll have to share tips and tricks!

mar

Anonymous said...

That's hardcore. So the other knee clicks? How peculiar, although at least you have one click-less knee.