Thursday, February 5, 2009

my cart is empty

industriarts

This morning I woke up and thought today would be a damn good day to go couch shopping!
Not because I need a couch, but because I want a new one. It doesn't matter that I already have 2 high functioning pieces where my guests can plop their happy asses down. There really isn't a damn thing wrong with my snazzy jazzy blue sofa and matching love seat. Well other than the cat hair and dander that remains from the kitties that are sadly missing from our lives now.

You see, a majority of my friends are allergic to cats along with Jex. Poor guy can't last longer than 15 minutes in my house; sometimes more if I'm lucky, but it's unlikely. So now that the cats are not leaving behind more hair and dander, I can do the whole vacuum and shampoo the couches to help minimize the effect but that is never guaranteed to work. I'd like to be able to have company in our new home; especially Jex. Goodness.

So my bright idea is get rid of the couches and start new! Find an inexpensive (cheap) couch and be happy! Pass on my couches to someone who (really) needs them... or something.

...and here we go! I drag Jex along with me to be that nagging voice or not so much the actual voice but the look. The look he gives me when I'm being completely impulsive and therefore I feel totally guilty and walk away like a little kid who was caught with their hand in the cookie jar.

First stop and I find the couch! The one I want! I sit in it, rub it, drool over the price, touch it some more and then he kindly reminds me that it is exactly like the couches I currently have. I remind him this one doesn't have cat hair. Before I know it, we're off to the next place... without a couch, and I'm pouting. Fuckin' cookie jars!

This new destination has a crazy amount of furniture and an obnoxious salesman. If there is one thing I do not like, it's pushy (sales)people. Introduce yourself to me, let me know you're available and then leave me the fuck heck alone! End of freakin' discussion.

Now not only was this dude pushy, he also had a serious problem talking to me. He had no problem talking to Jex, letting him know what their deals were and what was happening in their store. This guy would rarely look at me.
This pisses me off! A lot. Should this have been our money, I would have wanted him to talk to us. Ya know... 'cause that's how it's supposed to work.
You.. Me.. Us.

Today I was shopping and this was MY money. Apparently me answering his questions and Jex walking away from him just wasn't enough of a clue for him; he continued to try and converse with Jex.

Even if I had found my dream couch and had an unlimited amount of cash, there was no way in hell I would have bought any furniture from a guy who obviously had an issue with a woman who had control over a situation; especially concerning money furniture.

I wonder what would have happened if today's shopping trip included a new bed.

*I finished today's shopping trip with.... no couch.

1 comment:

Maki said...

Oh man, you're pissed! LOL.

I totally agree with you. I like when sales people come by and introduce him/herself and just gives me some space. They know how to respect the space customer needs. I also hate though when they don't even acknowledge that you're in the store...

Well, looking forward to seeing your new couch soon:)