Tuesday, November 4, 2008

the unbelievable happened

I’ve always seen and heard about those girls who are so surprised and happy that they shake immensely and then they talk about that funny feeling in their stomach after but I’ve never really believed it or thought it was possible. I guess maybe it’s because I’ve just never truly experienced it.

Well hold the phone!

My stomach is just a big pit of mush, I can barely type, and I’m shaking in my funky socks!

I loooooove funky socks!


I was actually at school today, trying to make some progress on the mass ass amounts (that is a LOT) of school work that I need to do. I mean I have a LOT! It really is inhumane the amount I have to get done. So I went to the student advisor’s office to show her something on a mid term exam that I totally bull shitted my way through.

{side note: sometimes it pays to have a sense of humor. Here’s proof!!}

(that's 2.0 points for not knowing the answer!)


So after showing her, she says, “my turn, there’s something on the desk for you”
I turn around and there sits…..

(sorry for the not-so-great picture and only showing part
because they really are beautiful!)



Me: “No way!”
Her: “Yes!”
Me: “Noooo!”
Her: “You get points for that AND you get flowers! Get out of here and enjoy them!”


{here’s when I giggle like a little girl, take my flowers and pretty much gallop away}

I go back to the table where I’ve been working, aka slacking off all day to read my card and it says…

“Thinking of you today.”
Love Jex



Now this might not sound like it is that big of a deal but it is HUGE to me. I love, love, love flowers; especially when they’re sent “just because”. I love daisies and the, not your average flower. I *generally* do not like roses but sometimes the odd and exotic colored ones amaze me. I get sappy when Boy Child gives me dandelions or May flowers. I’m a girl; I like girl “things”. Pretty much end of that discussion.

When Jex and I dated before I NEVER got flowers of any sort. Remember, he’s not exactly Mr. Romantic. Here’s a little background on Jex; his father owns a flower shop.
YEP!
Lemme repeat that for you… his father owns a flower shop.
His sister even sent flowers to the restaurant we were having dinner at for my birthday. When I first saw them, I started to say something then he says matter-of-factly, “Those are from my sister”.

It was a simple and beautiful arrangement but perfect, perfect for me. It’s just one of those gripes I have. I don’t want flowers all the time, I don’t expect them, nor do I need them. Do I like them? Yes! I give my girlfriends flowers just because. I don’t necessarily buy them either. If I see a pretty “something” on the side of the road on the way to their house, I stop, pick it and give it to them when I get there. Life is about the little things! We’re girls and we like pretty girl things.

I leave random small notes here and there. I’ll drop a card in a random place with mushy words in it to let someone know how I feel. Those little things can really make a BIG difference in someone’s life. Boy Child gets a Hershey Kiss in his lunch box everyday because I can’t be there to give him an actual “kiss”.

Getting flowers from Jex today is just unbelievably huge!! I can’t explain why my stomach has the weird feeling it has or even why I was shaking like I was or why I still am actually. I just know I have never experienced that before. I don’t know if I’ll ever understand or if I even want to. I’ve been given flowers before, several times for many different reasons, but this was… well this was just….different. No... no… special.


Yes- that’s it…. special.

No comments: