Monday, January 18, 2010

enough already

I have to be super careful with my words, my thoughts and feelings in this post because they're really intense. At least to me, they're intense.

She's pregnant and the entire time we've listened to her moan and groan about how miserable she is, especially on Facebook. The weight gain is bothering her girlish figure. Her back hurts when she sits and she's really only comfortable when she stands but who wants to be standing all day? The countdown for this baby's arrival has started since conception, making for the longest (second) pregnancy known to human kind.

Yes, I complained when I was pregnant and I complained quite a bit, but if I could do it all over again I would; in a second. I miss the feeling of knowing he was safe. I miss having him all to myself. I didn't have to share those small flips and flutters with anybody, unless I wanted to of course. Everything was so magical! I was growing a human being, a beautiful human being that would become the light of my life and I only had 9 months to truly cherish that process.

You see, there are woman and couples in this world that sadly do not have that opportunity. They are robbed of that ability to enjoy what others of us get; that true magical experience.
There are others that experience that magic only to be robbed of the life afterwords. I don't know how else to put that into words, it's a sad experience and it happens everyday.

If I could do it over again, I would.

Along with her, I'm counting down the days for this baby to arrive, only so others don't have to be reminded of the magic they are robbed of.
Daily.

4 comments:

Claudine said...

I am one of those women who would give anything to have a baby. Even if it means all of my savings gone, and racking up more credit card bills. I can't wait to be a Mom and faith is the one thing that keeps me hanging on.

Maryx said...

I can't wait. She doesn't know how blessed she is. Must bother you hearing you complain all the time. Urgh!

Em said...

Hug.

Theresa Milstein said...

Some people are insensitive without meaning to be insensitive. Even when it's obvious to everyone else.

I know someone who had a good friend (N) going through chemo and lost her hair. Another friend (T) was feeling a lot of stress, including because N had cancer. On a whim, T got s haircut just before N's birthday party. When T got to the party, she spent much of the night complaining that her hair was too short.