Wednesday, January 27, 2010

screaming like a girl

Holy smokes Batman! I don’t remember the last time I screamed like I did today. Like seriously SCREEEEAMED and danced around in my living room all while my poor child was looking at me like, Woah! what is wrong with this woman!?
I blame the happy pills.

Remember the whole, finishing the semester, associates degree thing? Well, the intention was to finish the associate’s degree program in December, start the bachelor’s (which I did) and graduate in May; that whole march across stage and get my diploma thing.

Today I came home and saw this huge yellow envelope on my porch… I said to myself, out loud (I do this often) “what the hell is that?”
I get inside and rip that sucker open and low and behold…

…there it is, all nice and crisp- shiny, new; it even smells SMART!

Well, hot damn! Whaddayaknow! 
It may have taken me 5 years, but it was worth every damn tear, migraine, ounce of frustration and irritation just to hold that bad boy in my  hands!  

Step one is completed… now on to step 2!

7 comments:

____j said...

Congratulations!!

jenn said...

congrats - so exciting!!!!

oyveyheyhey said...

YAY! Congratulations! That is such an accomplishment! I'm considering going back to school, too, so I am so happy for you!

Laura said...

congrats what a great feeling!

Jenn said...

Thank you everyone!!

Maryx said...

CONGRATS I'M SO EXCITED FOR YOU!!!

WhoooHooooo!!

*Trisha* said...

Congratulations!!

That's so exciting :) It's taking me 5 years as well, but it will be so worth it when I graduate in May. Lucky you, you're done early :))

Yayy!!

*Trisha*