Thursday, January 21, 2010

I broke a rule

The Date says to me, I'm surprised you haven't sworn off men by now.

That was after I broke a rule. One of those rules in dating where you're not supposed to talk about your previous relationships. Let's be honest here, how can you not?
Those adventures molded me and will continue to. They taught me to love deeper, speak more and share my passions.

I haven't sworn off men because I was hopeful that someday I'd be able to speak more, share my passions and love deeper with someone. I'm glad I held on to that hope.

3 comments:

Claudine said...

I do believe that men are different from each other and you should never generalize them. I'm glad your previous experience didn't sour you. Now, it looks like your optimism is paying off.

jenn said...

rules are meant to be broken. :)

Maryx said...

I'm also glad you held on sweetie... I did the same and it paid off. Yes, every man, every relationship is different and we can't regret any one of them because .. in the end.. that's what we wanted at the time, and we learn a lesson out of all of it. Big or small.

=D